Review: Miss Mechanic by Emma Hart

by - December 11, 2018

Miss Mechanic
by Emma Hart
Published by: Author
December 12th, 2017
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Format: Audiobook
Source: Library Loan
Rating: 3 Stars

Two mechanics. One rivalry.
She’ll prove she’s as good as she says she is.
He’ll prove her place isn’t under the hood.
It’s over it.
     “Don’t let the b*****ds get you down.”
     For twenty-six years, I lived by my daddy’s motto. Which is why “Mechanic Wanted” is all it takes for me to apply for the job at the garage we once owned. 
     And I meet the biggest b*****d of them all.
     Dexter Ryne. Hotter than Hell in July and a firm believer that my place is on reception, taking phone calls and looking pretty. Not getting dirty under the hood of a car. 
     Determined to prove each other wrong, we make a deal.
     I have three weeks to prove my worth as a mechanic. If I don’t, I’m on telephone duty.
     If I do, he’ll accept defeat and make my job permanent. 
     Now, all I have to do is fight my attraction to the cocky little… beep.
     Problem is, an engine isn’t the only thing he knows how to make purr…


     I have read Emma Hart a few times and I've loved every one of those reads. This book although a fun and sexy read for some reason I didn't love as much as her other books.

     Not to say I didn't like it, I just for some reason was hung up on the fact that there were so many profanities on this read. Don't get me wrong I'm not a prude that can't handle the bad words on my reads, I just was too focused on that fact to actually enjoy the read.

     It might be the fact too that I was wondering how the narrators felt about saying them so much, lol.

     The story is about this woman Jamie to prove to Dexter that just because she dressed sexy and was very feminine didn't mean she couldn't do her job as a mechanic. That she could do it and do it better than him.

     There were many hilarious scenes and some hot scenes too and I am pretty sure I would have enjoyed this book (even give it 4 stars) if I had read it instead of listening to it.

     But lesson learned and really anything Emma Hart I recommend it if you are looking for a fun fast flirty read and don't mind the F-bomb being thrown around like it's candy.

You May Also Like

0 comments