Review: Veronica's Dragon by Ruby Dixon

by - December 08, 2018

Veronica's Dragon
by Ruby Dixon
Series Icehome (#2)
Published by: Author
May 23rd, 2018
Genre: Sci-Fi Romance
Format: eBook
Source: Kindle Unlimited
Rating: 4 Stars

     Resonance. 
     It’s a given on the ice planet, forced upon you by the parasitic symbiont called the ‘khui’. With resonance, a guy and a girl are paired up because they’ll make great babies. It’s a survival mechanism necessary for this sparsely-populated world we’re stranded on… and romantic, in a weird, alien way. 
     Everyone expects resonance to happen when twenty newcomers are dropped onto the frosty world. I doubt anyone expects the gorgeous, golden god named Ashtar to resonate to someone like me, though. He’s fierce. Flirty. Powerful. Disgustingly handsome. 
     I’m… not any of those things. I’m bland. Boring. Clumsy. 
     But resonance seems to think we’d be great together. And Ashtar does, too… 


     What can I say about this book? Well, Ruby Dixon is one of the best (IMO) when writing very alien aliens.

     I loved Ashtar and Veronica so much. I have not read Dixon's Fireblood Dragon series yet so this is my first Dragon from her and I will definitely get my hands on that series asap.

     This story is told paralleled to Lauren's Barbarian story, the first book of the series. From the moment they are rescued from the slavers' ship and before they get their "cooties" Ashtar is attracted to Veronica and he can't wait for the other's to let down their guard so he can steal her away and be free.

     I loved this story and the characters. Veronica is a healer and I was glad to see a new element to these stories (although I haven't yet finished the IPB series so the sa-khui healer might have gotten a story too) and see how the healing is done.

     I was very sad that Ashtar still didn't understand that he was truly free and that he didn't have to run away. That the other barbarians respect resonance and that Veronica just wanted to be with him. I did love how very protective of Veronica and how mad he got when she overtaxed herself. It was just plain adorable.

     Ruby Dixon, in my opinion, is a master at creating "alieny" looking aliens that you can't help but love. I can't wait for the next story and to continue reading the IPB one.

You May Also Like

0 comments