ARC Review: Wolf Rising by Paige Tyler

by - November 22, 2018

Wolf Rising
by Paige Tyler
Series: SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team (#8)
Published by: Sourcebooks Casablanca
October 30th, 2018
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher (via NetGalley)
Rating: 4 Stars

     Werewolf SWAT Officer Jayden Brooks has yet to meet The One—but when he rescues teacher Selena Rosa from a hostage situation at her high school, he knows he’s in trouble. Her scent is irresistible. 
     There’s a reason for that powerful scent—and it isn’t an expensive perfume. Thanks to the traumatizing events at the school, the werewolf gene flipped on and Selena’s going through the change. Even scarier, she’s on track to become an omega—an out-of-control and violent breed. It’s going to take everything Brooks has if he wants any chance to pull her back from the edge…and ultimately win her heart.


     This is the eighth installment of the SWAT series by Paige Tyler and I have to say that I am in love with this books. I first started reading this series because of the name of the series. I found it funny that Paige was able to use the SWAT acronym and give it a completely different definition at the same time that the characters are from a SWAT team. Add to that the fact that when I started reading this series I found that these wolves don't change from being bitten and I was hooked.

     This one follows Jayden, the biggest of the teammates and Selena, a teacher on the bad part of town. Like every one of the previous books, you get a before scene where we see the event that made one of the main characters become a werewolf; in this case Jayden. Then you get to understand a little more about the wolves after Selena is threatened by a gangbanger looking to recruit from the students of her class.

     With every book, we get deeper into the world of the wolves and we get to discover more things that have been happening behind the scene that even the wolves themselves didn't know about. The way that things the SWAT have been investigating come to light and how that discovery leads to more questions and problems keeps this stories going and gives a fresh canvas for each book is another reason why I love this series so much.

     I love the action in this books (this one having the prison scene amongst others) and the shocking realizations and even when I know the outcome of some things the story is written so well that I don't mind. I also like how every story is different and how all the characters come from different places physically, mentally and by circumstance.

    Every book has me hooked to it from beginning to end and by the end the next teammate to get their HEA is so well incorporated to the story that you can't wait for the next one and obviously I can't wait for it.

Disclaimer:

This copy was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of it or the content of my review.

You May Also Like

0 comments