Audio Review: Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira

by - November 26, 2018

Love Letters to the Dead
by Ava Dellaira
Published by: Brilliance Audio
April 1, 2014
Genre: Young Adult
Format: Audiobook
Source: Purchased
Rating: 5 Stars

     It begins as an assignment for English class: Write a letter to a dead person. 
     Laurel chooses Kurt Cobain because her sister, May, loved him. And he died young, just like May. Soon, Laurel has a notebook full of letters to the dead - to people like Janis Joplin, Heath Ledger, Amelia Earhart, and Amy Winehouse - though she never gives a single one of them to her teacher. She writes about starting high school, navigating the choppy waters of new friendships, learning to live with her splintering family, falling in love for the first time, and, most important, trying to grieve for May. But how do you mourn for someone you haven't forgiven? 
     It's not until Laurel has written the truth about what happened to herself that she can finally accept what happened to May. And only when Laurel has begun to see her sister as the person she was - lovely and amazing and deeply flawed - can she truly start to discover her own path. 
     In a voice that's as lyrical and as true as a favorite song, Ava Dellaira writes about one girl's journey through life's challenges with a haunting and often heartbreaking beauty.


     First of all, I would like to apologize for not putting it in the review of a book last week. But I was dealing with some news story from Puerto Rico, which had me very worried and a little sad. The news was that my mother found another mass that might or might not be cancer. Never in my life have I felt so powerless. I, who reside in the United States, receive news as this one falls apart. She is a survivor of breast cancer and liver cancer for more than 20 years. The good news is that later this week she received more results from the biopsy, and it is not cancer. However she still needs surgery, but despite all for me this is great news.

     Returning to the subject of books, this book has been published for several years, more precisely in 2014, and as always was in my TBR. As my mood took me to the point that I was a little melancholy for the news that I received. This book, what can I say about this book ... It is not something that is used to. The point from which it is counted is through letters. Not as always we see that it is a person we are used to. I love him in that aspect to begin with. It is a sad story but at the same time of courage and of many willpower.

     It is not easy to be at a point where you just follow by inertia. Where everything seems to be wrong and you have to put a smile on your face even if everything is wrong in your life. Where you have to smile so as not to worry other people. This book is great, it's very emotional. I cried like I did not cry with a book. I highly recommend it and not only because it makes you depressed because you believe me will make you cry, but because it has a story to tell and which we have to learn.

     With this been said I want to thank the people who care and show interest in these things. And some last words from the bottom of my heart fuck cancer, my prayers to all that families which are going through this. And for those families that passed and are going through as the story of this book. You can get it for free when you subscribe to audible.


You May Also Like

0 comments