First Quarter Romanceopoly Challenge Update

by - April 01, 2019

Romanceopoly 2019 Participant


     Three whole months have gone by from this year already and although I started the year strong with my reading, I have been unable to read much past the books I've committed to reading for this challenge lately. At the end of last year, I made my TBR for this challenge (except for the mystery and library spots) and I have mostly stick to it so far. I hope to keep doing it like that since most of the books I've picked I already own or I can get them from the digital library.

     Here is what I've read for each month and I'll tell you if I've deviated from the original picks and why...

January

     This book was my original pick for this task. I read Young Adult books and I love them but they are always fantasy or paranormal so I decided to try a contemporary one. Let's just say it will be a really long time before I pick a contemporary YA again.
     For this task, I had picked The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata but about a hundred pages into it I realized it wasn't a college book so I picked this book for it which I had it on my TBR for LGBT Lane.
     This book was my original choice for this task. I didn't know what book to read for this so I went to the romance-opoly website's recommendations page and this one was there. I received this book on a subscription book box so I already had the book.

February

     For this task, I had another book picked that I own but I couldn't get into it so I picked this audiobook from the library since I love Jenks so much (yes I am reading this series just for a chance to "see" Jenks again). Also, this book was from my January picks but because I had trouble getting into it I finished reading this in February.
     When the task for this challenge was revealed (Fated Mates) the first thing that came to mind was Ruby Dixon. I have been reading her Ice Planet Barbarians and Icehome series for a couple years and I couldn't pass the opportunity to read the next book on this series. 
     I have just recently started reading steampunk (just last year) and I really liked the first book of this series so I picked the next one in line. 
     Again one of the first author names that came to mind when I read this task was Ruby Dixon and of course, I had to read the next book in the IPB.

Kickass LaneWild Hunger by Chloe Neill
     For this task, I had picked Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews but then I had to switch that book for Leather Lane so I picked this one.

March

     This book was my original choice for this task. I again was a little lost with this so I went to the website's recommendations and saw this one. I have been wanting to read this one since about the time it came out because a couple of booktubers and bookstagrammers that I follow have recommended it and their synopsis of the book had me intrigued.

Erotic Eaves - The Men with the Golden Cuffs by Lexi Blake
     This task too has my original pick. I won this book in a giveaway back in 2012 and I kept putting it off. I, of course, needed to get on with it and read it since I want to clean up my TBR some.

You May Also Like

0 comments