Review: Butterface by Avery Flynn

by - February 27, 2019

Butterface
by Avery Flynn
Series: The Hartigans (#1)
Published by: Entangled: Amara
July 30th, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: eBook
Source: Free on Amazon
Rating: 5 Stars

     It’s true. I’m not what most people would call “pretty” and, well, high school was rough. Fast forward ten years and life is good…
     Until a bunch of jerks think it’s hilarious to put the “butterface” (AKA me) on a wedding Kiss Cam with the hottest guy ever—and that old humiliation hits hard.
     I recognize him immediately. The sexiest cop in Waterbury and totally out of my league.
     But then he kisses me.
     And we totally forget the room, the crowd, everything.
     Then he tells everyone we’ve been dating for months.
     Soon everything starts to feel too real, from adorable fights over “necessary” tools to fix my broken porch to surviving a free-for-all dinner with his six siblings to picking up where our last kiss left off.
     But there’s something he’s not telling me about why he’s really hanging around, and I’m pretty sure it has to do with my mob-connected brothers.
     Because this is not a make-over story, and Cinderella is only a fairy tale…


     I'm doing the romance-opoly challenge and one of the categories we have to read a book that was recommended by one of the hosts of the game. I chose to read the second book in this series. After rolling my dice I thought I had landed on this spot so I started reading that book only to realize at about 2% that I had landed on the wrong spot.

     What I read from that second book I really loved and I can't wait to read it. Then I saw that this first book was free for a few days so I decided to read this one until I can start again with the second book.

     I have to say that I am not disappointed. I loved this book from beginning to end. I mean, talk about plain Jane.

     Gina is a wedding planner who all her life has been called a butterface. She has come to terms with her being a plain Jane but every once in awhile she is reminded of it. One such occasion is the wedding that she has been planning for a cop.

     At the wedding reception, there is a kiss cam and she ends up in it with one of the guests who is another cop. This specimen of a man being detective Ford Hartigan.

     From there on it is a mix of funny, exasperated moments where I didn't know if I wanted to clobber these characters or sigh in contentment. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series or more from this author.

You May Also Like

0 comments