Review: Paper Princess by Erin Watt

by - October 26, 2018

Paper Princess 
by Erin Watt
Series: The Royal Series (#1)
Published by: Timeout LLC
April 3, 2016
Genre: Young Adult
Format: eBook
Source: Purchased
Rating: 3.5 Stars

     From strip clubs and truck stops to southern coast mansions and prep schools, one girl tries to stay true to herself.
     These Royals will ruin you…
     Ella Harper is a survivor—a pragmatic optimist. She’s spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she’ll climb out of the gutter. After her mother’s death, Ella is truly alone.
     Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from.
     Reed doesn’t want her. He says she doesn’t belong with the Royals.
     He might be right.
     Wealth. Excess. Deception. It’s like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she’s going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she’ll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees.


     I saw this book by chance in one of the profiles of my friends at Goodreads. Curious as always, I read the introduction and it caught my attention. While reading this book I returned to Amazon to verify that I had read young adult somewhere. It seemed more erotic to me than anything.

     Let's start with Ella Harper, she's 17 and works as a stripper, come on, that was one of the things that caught my attention. And out of nowhere appears this benefactor who is very rich. It seemed sweet to me and at the same time, I thought I wanted to have something with the protagonist. She seemed to me to have been raised in the "streets" lack of will. The truth is that the author puts her as the adult between her mother and her. However, the way that sometimes acts seems to be quite the opposite.

     Reed, oh Reed, the author describes him as someone snobbish and who controls the school they attend. It seems to me that between her brothers and her father, Ella has a lot of testosterone in her life.

     There were parts that left me in complete shock because neither Megan Maxwell brings out as many erotic scenes in her novels as this author expounded. Talking about Megan she is Spanish author and I freaking love her. There were other parts that bored me a little. The truth is that despite everything, I finished it. And the only reason I started the second novel and why I give it 3.5 stars is by its end. I finish as I like it, I leave with curiosity, and as I mentioned, I am very curious. I'll tell you if I liked that and if I left it in my half. If you are interested in reading it, I will leave the link down below so you can purchase it.


You May Also Like

0 comments