Review: Meet Cute by Helena Hunting

by - May 27, 2019

Meet Cute
by Helena Hunting
Published by: Forever
April 9th, 2019
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Format: Paperback
Source: Purchased (Book Box Subscription)
Rating: 3.5 Stars

     Kailyn Flowers was always calm, rational, and controlled--until she ended up sprawled all over Daxton Hughes, the former actor she totally crushed on as a teenager. Then she did the unthinkable: She became a mortifying fangirl in five seconds flat, which may or may not have included professing her undying love. And oddly, he didn't run away. In fact, their meet cute led to a friendship she never saw coming. Of course, she never saw his betrayal coming, either...
     Now Dax needs her help. As guardian to his thirteen-year-old sister, he's in way over his head. And though Kailyn hasn't forgiven Dax, she isn't heartless enough to make him fend for himself, either. Soon their friendly meetings turn into flirty dinner dates, and Kailyn can feel their chemistry is as explosive as ever. But how can she possibly let down her guard again to a guy who has heartbreak written all over him?


     What I can say about this book is that it was as the title suggested, it was a cute read. I found myself laughing and/or smiling at almost every chapter. It was like watching life pass. You had awkward moments that make you feel sorry for the person going thru them and wishing you could help them but at the same time wanting to laugh out loud because you are that horrible human being (shhh I'm guilty too).

     It was a well written book with a touching story thrown in (I have never read a story like Dax and Emme's (I've read stories of the aftermath of such a situation but not as it was happening) and I liked how Kaitlyn was all about helping young kids not go thru what she did.

     What I didn't like much about this book was that it was way too predictable for me and also I was lead to believe this was a seriously hot book but the scenes with this characters (which don't start after more than 50% into the book) to me where more "fade to black" than anything else so I was kind of disappointed.

     Other than that it was a good read if you want something light-hearted and with a little more story that the main romance.

You May Also Like

0 comments