ARC Review: The Dysasters by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast

by - March 08, 2019

The Dysasters
by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Series: The Dysasters (#1)
Published by: Wednesday Books
February 26th, 2019
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher (NetGalley)
Rating: 3.5 Stars


     Foster Stewart knows she's different. Her life has never been "normal." Talking to plants and controlling cloud formations aren't things most seventeen-year-olds are into. Tate "Nighthawk" Taylor is perfect. Star quarterback and all around dreamy boy next door he never thought about his "extra" abilities. What quarterback wouldn't want night vision? That's not weird, right? It's cool! 
     But on the night of their first meeting, a deadly tornado brings them together and awakens their true abilities - the power to control the element air. Unbeknown to Tate and Foster, they are the first in a group of teens that were genetically manipulated before birth to bond with the elements. Which truly sucks for Foster, as she has to face the fact that Dr. Rick Stewart, her beloved scientist father, betrayed her and now wants to use her and the others for his own nefarious world domination plot. 
     Foster and Tate must stop Dr. Stewart and his minions before he destroys their lives and the world.


     I requested this book because I remembered enjoying the HoN series by this mother-daughter duo.

     Although I did enjoy the story and the images throughout the book I didn't feel that attraction to reading the hell out of this book like I did the HoN.

     I will say that the premiss of the story and what is going on with the characters powers and abilities is interesting. Maybe is the first book syndrome or it might just be that I wasn't in the mood to read a book like this at the moment so I will be watching for the next book in the series and see how that goes.

     I did buy myself a copy of the book because like I said it has some interesting images that go with the story and I really liked that.

Disclaimer:

This copy was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of it or the content of my review.

You May Also Like

0 comments