Audio Review: Christmas at Tiffany's by Karen Swan

by - November 05, 2018

Christmas at Tiffany’s
by Karen Swan
Published by: Macmillan Digital Audio
November 2, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: Audiobook
Source: Purchased
Rating: 4 Stars

     Christmas at Tiffany's is an exciting, globe-trotting story of friendship and romance from Karen Swan.
     Cassie settled down too young, marrying her first serious boyfriend. Now, 10 years later, she is betrayed and broken. With her marriage in tatters and no career or home of her own, she needs to work out where she belongs in the world and who she really is.
     So begins a yearlong trial as Cassie leaves her sheltered life in rural Scotland to stay with each of her best friends in the most glamorous cities in the world: New York, Paris, and London. Exchanging grouse moor and mousy hair for low-carb diets and high-end highlights, Cassie tries on each city for size as she attempts to track down the life she was supposed to have been leading, and with it the man who was supposed to love her all along.
     Christmas at Tiffany's is followed by the captivating sequel, Summer at Tiffany's.


     Oh, what can I say about this novel? The reality is that I did not have many expectations, because of the fiasco of last week, I have taken to read first and not to be carried away by the cover. Since we are talking about the cover, it is not beautiful, this is the image that crosses my mind when I think about Christmas.

     And since I'm a little busy at work, I better listen to it, so I work and listen to a book (I felt so multitasking doing this way, and even better I got paid in the meanwhile too, LOL). I do not know who came up with the idea of audiobooks, but he or she is a damn genius.

     I LOVE CHRISTMAS. Ejem, since November, began I put up my Christmas tree already. I am total freaky about Christmas. My husband tells me "for God's sake, has not passed thanksgiving yet and you're already with Christmas". I say "If you do not want to sleep with the dog, better not even start" (just in case you wonder we do not have a dog).

     Let's talk about the protagonist, her name is Cassie, and god, there were moments that made me desperate. But throughout the novel, we can see an evolution of it. The reality is that I loved that the author did it this way. It was like the metamorphosis of a butterfly. The truth is that I love this character. Thank god that she really count with true friends, who helped to go through the treasury and lies.

     Henry is our male protagonist. Ahh, I sighed for him from the first list he gave to Cassie, (they have to read it to know the lists). He contributed a lot to Cassie's transformation.

     The reality is that once again can not trust those who say they call themselves best friends with your partners or significant others. Always in life, we have admirers who, instead of shining with their own light, want to shine by extinguishing that of others. After that poetic moment I gave you, I recommend this novel.

     I downloaded with the audiobook in the Audible app. Amazon is offering 30 days of free trial and 2 books totally free. Even if you cancel after the trial, the books are yours to keep. Here I leave the link down below so you can go and download the app and the book. I hope to hear your opinions.

     Since I  love so much Christmas, I am thinking about making a book giveaway. What do you guys think? Let me know in your comments that books seemed interesting to have. Kisses and see you next week with more details.

You May Also Like

0 comments