Review: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

by - September 25, 2018

Hopeless
by Colleen Hoover
Series: Hopeless (#1)
Published by: Author
December 18th, 2012
Genre: New Adult
Format: ePub
Source: Purchased
Rating: 5 Stars

     Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…
     That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past she wishes could just stay buried.
     Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.


     It has been many years since I read this author who I fell in love with. The other books were the Slammed series. If you haven’t read those I highly recommend that you do.

     I went to my TBR list -here I come again with the list-, but I feel it doesn't end. If I tell you that this story it's an old release (as you noticed from the published date), please don’t be surprised. I have more old releases that I haven’t read yet. Sometimes I get distracted by other stuff or with other recommendation that I forget the list.

     Lets stop talking about the list and more about the book. If I can rate this book 10k stars I will do it. I loved the book. Once I started reading it I couldn’t stop. This story will drive you on a very emotional rollercoaster. I cried like a baby. And yet you will think that it's just fiction and doesn’t happen in real life, but sadly how its sound happened and happens to many girls.

     Sky, after she went to unspeakable, horrible, heartbreaking, terrible -yes, I can continue- things she manages to go through life. She is now one of my favorite heroines.

     The male role is Holder. He is a wonderful, strong, prince charming that all girls need. He deserves a gold start just for being there for Sky. He went for so much on the story.

     Colleen Hoover deserved standing ovations for the Slammed books, but with this one, she deserves a movie and nominations to Oscar's, Emmy's and all the nominations to ever exist. I have a daughter and a son and if something like this ever happens to them, I will blogging from prison because I'll kill in the blink of an eye and with a smile on my face (I have been watching so many horror movies) to whoever does this kind of atrocity to my babies. Makes me open my eyes and don’t be so confident because we never know a person. Colleen thanks so much and my respects to you. Let me know guys what do you think? Please leave your comments below!

You May Also Like

0 comments