Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

by - July 09, 2018

Shatter Me
by Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me (#1)
Published by: HarperCollins
November 15, 2011
Genre: Sci-Fic & Fantasy Romance
Format: paperback
Source: Purchased
Rating: 5 stars

     I have a curse
     I have a gift

     I am a monster
     I'm more than human

     My touch is lethal
     My touch is power

     I am their weapon
     I will fight back

     Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
     The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
     The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
     Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.                


     I already read this book a long time ago. Since my friend invited me to collaborate with her on this blog doing reviews about books -I went and took the dust out of my old books- so, I read these books again. As you already noticed this book came out a long time ago. I have tons of books on my iPad on my kindle app because they are cheap, the formal excuse its because they are practical when you are traveling. However, I really don’t buy paper books unless I really, really, really like the book. Call me crazy but when you enjoy a book so much you want to have it and feel it -or I want to smell it-. Like every bookworm my dream it's having a huge (roof to floor 360 room full of books) library that it's mine as well. Having the books I really like in it. So this book belongs to my dream library.

     What can I say about this book; OMG! LOOK THAT FRONT COVER. Shut the front door! You can imagine what it's about to come with just a cover like that.

     This book is like that Spanish TV Shows on Netflix when you think something's going happen -NOO- it's totally different.

     I am always wondering what it's going to happen if a war develops and destroys all the governments, this book describes everything. You really feel like you are there. Which on a book, -at least to me, I want that- I want to be part of it, be on the story. This only happens to me with a few books like Hunger Games and Divergent. Please, I have nothing against the movies but the books are way better than the movies. In my humble opinion.

     The heroine, I loved her. When she thinks she went totally nuts, she really has this super kickass powers. The Heroe, on the other hand, was a love-hate feeling. I know it a love triangle, however, since the begging of the story I started hating Warner and loving Adam but personally kinda ended switching my thoughts and my feelings at the end. You guys will see when you read them.

     I couldn’t sleep until I read the 3 of them - I know a lot of you will feel the same way or do the same thing- I really recommend to read this book and also the sequel. They are marvelousness. I wish someone put them on the big screen -but not so edited like Hunger Games and Divergent- and create this magnificent story. Thanks, Tahereh Mafi for sharing this story with us. Super mega recommended.

You May Also Like

0 comments